Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
  • How do I become a certified coal mine official, such as a mine foreman or electrician?
    Since the Mine Safety & Training Program has primacy in testing and issuing coal mine officials certification in Colorado, please contact our program assistant at 303-866-3567 x 8123. 
  • How do I obtain a permit to handle/use explosives on a mine site?
    As of November 2003, the Division no longer issues permits for the handling, storage or use of explosives.   Please contact the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms & Explosives in Denver at 303-844-7549. 
  • Who do I contact if I want to become a tourist mine in Colorado?
    Please contact the Mine Safety & Training Program, Program Manager at 303-866-3567, ext. 8151.   You can also click on ‘rules and regulations’ on the Division of Reclamation, Mining & Safety webpage and scroll down to Regulations of the Mine Safety and Training Program for Tourist Mines.