Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
  • Does the Division of Reclamation, Mining and Safety issue permits for oil and gas extraction?
    The Colorado Oil and Gas Conservation Commission issues permits for oil and gas extraction.  For more information, please visit them at:
  • How can I get a copy of my permit file?
    Copies of permit files can be viewed online through Laserfiche WebLink
  • How can I look up an Active Permit?
  • How do I file a complaint against a mining operation?
    The Division does not have a form for submitting complaints at this time.  Please contact the Environmental Protection Specialist assigned to your county for additional information. 
  • How do I find out about the mineral rights?
    The State Land Board (303-866-3454) maintains only State owned properties and does not maintain records for fee (private) or federal lands. For fee property, contact the county clerk & recorders office where the property is located. For federal lands, contact the Bureau of Land Management at 303-239-3600
  • How do I know if I need a mining permit?
    Please review our "Is it Mining" document which lists guidelines to help determine whether a permit is needed.   
  • How do I know if I need a Reclamation Permit?
    In order for the Division to determine if a Reclamation Permit is required, you must complete and submit the ‘Is it Mining Questionnaire’.
  • How do I terminate my permit?
    Please see Rule 4.17 of either the Construction Materials Rules or the Hard Rock Rules for information on the release of Performance and Financial Warranties.
  • Is there a form for Technical Revisions?
    Technical Revisions may be submitted by completing the Technical Revision Form.
  • When is my annual fee due?
    The annual fee is due on the date the permit was issued, also known as the anniversary date.
  • Where do I find out information about a mining claim?
    DRMS does not handle mining claims.  If the mining claim is on State Land, call the Colorado State Land Board at 303-866-3454.  If the claim is on Federal Land, contact the US Bureau of Land Management 303-239-3600.  If the claim is on private land, contact the county clerk & recorders office where the property is located.